On Blossom once you have received payment from the parent/carer you will need to register the payment into the system. Once you have registered the payment it will reflect the transaction table, be recorded on the payment history as well as updating the status of the invoice.
How do I register a payment?
- Children > Select child > Finance > + payment > Input payment date > Input payment amount > Select payment type > Input any comments > Select send receipt > Submit.
- Comments are visible to the parents.
- A registered payment is always allocated to the oldest invoice first, according to the ‘invoice date’ and then chronologically. For example, if you have three unpaid invoices as shown below:
By registering a payment of £600 against the child’s account would mean that the January 2020 invoice status will display as ‘paid’ & February 2020 invoice would display as ‘partially paid’.
The payment history section is a reflective log of all registered payments.
How do I view my payment history?
- Children > Select child > Finance > Side tab > Payment history.
Top tip: Remember payments are able to be deleted.
How do I delete a payment?
- Children > Select child > Finance > Side tab > Payment history > Click the three dots on the specific payment > Remove.
How do I resend a payment receipt?
- Children > Select child > Finance > Side tab > Payment history > Click the three dots on the specific payment > Resend.
How do I download a payment?
- Children > Select child > Finance > Side tab > Payment history > Click the three dots on the specific payment > Download.
The transaction table provides you a statement view of your account. All financial actions within the child’s account will be shown here. For example, invoices generated, credit noted invoices & payments made.
How can I view my transaction table?
- Children > Select child > Finance > Side tab > Transactions.
Top tip: Transactions are presented with the most recent transaction showing first.
All invoices will have an invoice status. This will indicate whether the invoice has been sent, partially paid, paid, overdue or cancelled.
Sent: The invoice has been sent which means the parent will receive the invoice or it has been marked as sent. At this stage, there has been no payment made.
Partially paid: The invoice has been partly paid or an overpayment has been made for a previous invoice. This means part of the invoice amount has been covered.
Paid: An amount has been registered which covers the full cost of the invoice.
Overdue: The invoice due date has passed and the account balance has not been paid.